Every collector has a whishlist, and so do I. Here’s some machines that I’m looking for.
- SGI Workstations in general, but first on foremost an Indy in working condition
- Sun and Digital Workstations from the mid 80s up to early 2000s
- Next Station …
- Original IBM PC, PC-XT and PC-AT
- IBM PC Portable (acquired 2018/09)
- Sharp PC-3000 / PC-3100
- The Poqet PC (not to be mistaken with the later Windows CE Pocket PC)
- IBM Thinkpad of the early 90s era
- Sony Picture Book
- Any sort of Ultra Mobile Computers, like Toshiba Libretto, and even late 2000s Netbook-style devices
- Generally, portable computers of the 80s and early to mid-90s era
- The Apple Cube
- Home Computers of the 80s era (C64, Atari, Amiga, the like …)
- 5.25″ and 3.5″ floppy drives
- 5.25″ DS/DD and DS/HD floppies
- 3.5″ DS/DD floppies
Also, I’m looking for specific parts for current machines in the collection, see the actual pages for details:
Well, yes, the list is long.
If you like to donate something, please go by this premise:
- Is the object still working and in somewhat good shape (lest some minor scuffs and marks, given the age, yes, that’s totally ok)
- If you don’t think about the age, would *YOU* still use the device (because you wouldn’t if it is totally broken or torn aparat)
- Is it some +/- 30 years to +/- 10 years old (younger maybe ok, but that really needs to be a very special device of it’s own kind … I’m not looking for the 10-millionth Dell Latitude everyday-notebook from 2014 …)
- And yes, I do also look for components of all kinds …
- If you are thinking to ask me lots of $$$$: Don’t even bother asking me, sorry. I can’t really spend a fortune on acquisition. So if you want to strike a good deal, you’re better off selling it on eBay then. Free is appreciated, small symbolic price may be ok, depending on what it is and the overall condition.
- If you have something to donate, I’m happy to organise transport, or pay for shipping expenses.